The programs and activities of Victory Ministries Church at all times shall be based upon and be consistent with the following beliefs:
1. The Bible is the mind of Christ, and is the inspired and only infallible, authoritative Word of God (2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21; 1 Thess. 2:13).
2. The very life of God is in His Word (John 1:1-2, 4; Rom. 4:17; Heb. 11:3).
3. An infallible record of God is in His Word. (John 1:1-2, 4).
4. There is one God manifested in three personalities: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Matt. 3:16-17; Matt. 28:19; Phil. 2:6; John 14:23-26).
5. The deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (John 1:1-2, 14; Luke 1:30-35; Matt 3:16-17).
6. His sinless life (2 Cor. 5:21; Rom. 5:18-19; 1 Peter 1:18-19; Heb. 4:15; 1 John 3:5).
7. His miracles (Matt. 16:9-10; Luke 7:18-23; John 2:1-11; John 11:38-44).
8. His virgin birth - conceived by the Holy Spirit (Is. 7:14; Matt. 1:20-25; Luke 1:35).
9. His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood
(Is. 53:4-5; 2 Cor. 5:21; Heb. 2:9).
10. His bodily resurrection (Matt. 28:1-7; 9-10; Luke 24:1-6, 36-40; John 20:1-20).
11. His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19; Eph. 1:20).
12. His personal return in power and glory as King of Kings and Lord of Lords (1 Thess. 4:16-17; Rev. 19:11-16).
13. The reality of Satan and his present control over unregenerated man does exist (2 Cor. 4:4; 1 Pet. 5:8; 1 John 3:8,10; Eph. 6:11-12).
14. The fall of man and his lost estate, which makes necessary a rebirth through confession and belief in the Lord Jesus Christ. (Gen. 2:16-17; Gen. 3:6, 17-24; John 3:3-7; 2 Cor. 7:10; Rom. 10:9-10).
15. The reconciliation of man to God by the substitutionary death and shed blood of our Lord Jesus Christ (2 Cor. 5:21; John 3:16-17).
16. The resurrection of believers unto everlasting life and blessing in heaven, and the resurrection of unbelievers unto everlasting punishment in the torments of hell. (Matt. 25:34,41; Heb. 6:1-2; Rev. 20:12-15).
17. The present supernatural ministry of the Holy Spirit, who bestows the spiritual gifts of: the Word of Wisdom, the Word of Knowledge, Faith, Gifts of Healings, Workings of Miracles, Prophecy, Discerning of Spirits, Various Kinds of Tongues, Interpretation of Tongues in and among believers on the earth since the Day of Pentecost and continuing until our Lord's return. (1 Cor. 12:1, 4-11; 1 Cor. 14).
18. Baptism in the Holy Spirit with the initial evidence of speaking in other tongues for believers. (John 14:16-17; Acts 2:2-4, 38-39).
19. Divine healing, which we believe is provided for in the atonement of Christ and is the privilege of every believer. (Is. 53:4-5; Matt. 8:17; 1 Peter 2:24)
God loves you and wants you to have a happy and joyful life, an abundant life. He sent Jesus to die for you and take your place. He has forgiven you of all your sins and failures, but you must believe it.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:16, 17 NIV
All you have to do is accept Him (Jesus Christ) as your Lord and Savior. There is only one sin that will keep you out of heaven and that is the sin of rejecting Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior.
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV
Accept Him today. Pray this prayer out loud and mean it from your heart.
PRAYER TO START A NEW LIFE
You said in your Word, "Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13 KJV
Lord Jesus, I am calling on your name. I believe in my heart that you are the Son of God. I thank you for dying for me and taking my place. I believe God raised you from the dead. Take control of my life and help me to be the kind of person you want me to be. I accept you now as my personal Lord and Savior. Thank you for making me a new person and forgiving me of all my sins. Amen.
The Bible says, "That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord', and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved." Romans 10:9-10 NIV
If you prayed the above prayer, you have made the most important decision of your life. According to God's Holy Word, you are saved.
OUR REDEMPTION IN CHRIST JESUS
We share with you here the handout for this sermon so that you may read it and study the scripture verses yourself. Jesus desires so much for us to live in our full inheritance that He already purchased for us. Be blessed as you study YOUR redemption in Christ Jesus.
The Creation and Redemption of Mankind
I. The Creation of the Heavens and Earth and the Beginning of Mankind
The heavens and earth and all that dwells in them is made ready for mankind. (Genesis 1:1-25)
A. Without mankind, the whole of creation is useless, resources unused, beauty unsee
B. (Genesis 1:26-28) God creates man in His own image because God wanted fellowship and God wanted a family.
C. In order to fellowship with God, man had to be created in God's own image. Man had to be in God's class, a partaker of God's breath and life.
D. God gave Adam and Eve vast authority and dominion. (Psalm 8:1-9). They both had full share in humanity's dominion over God's creation. We need to remember that the heavens and earth constantly speak to us of God's existence, His wisdom, His power, and great love for us all. (Psalm 19:1-3)
II. The Fall and Sin of Mankind (Genesis 3:1-6)
A. Scripture clearly identifies satan as the one operating through the serpent.
B. Satan's strategy was and always has been the same; to drive a wedge of sin and doubt into man's relationship and fellowship with God.
C. Adam and Eve set aside God's wisdom, love, and words for the liar and deceiver's words. They substituted the lie of the enemy for God's truth. And people still do it today. This is where satan legally became the god of this world. (II Cor 4:4). This is where sin, sickness and all suffering entered the world. (Rom. 5:12)
D. God declared war and judgment on satan and gave the first promise of man's Redemption. Satan would bruise the Redeemer's heel, but the Redeemer would crush satan's head and defeat him, giving back man's right to life, authority, and dominion. (St. John 12:23-32; Col. 2:10-15; Hebrews 2:14-15)
III. The Redemption of Mankind through the Incarnation and Substitution of Jesus Christ
A. God's purchase and redemption of mankind. The greatest act of love the world has ever known. (St. John 3:16-17; St. John 1:12-17)
B. The Redemption of mankind revolves around identification.
The identification is two-fold; first with Adam in sin and death, then with Jesus Christ in new life and peace with God. (Rom. 5:17-19; Col. 2:10-15)
C. There are two sides to man's Redemption.
1. The legal side = what God has done for us through Jesus Christ. (Rom. 4:25 & I Cor. 15:3-4)
2. The vital or living side = what God is able to do through us by His Word and Spirit being in us. (II Cor. 5:21 has both the legal and living side)
IV. The Redemption of Mankind Through the Defeat of Satan
The Spirit of God said in Rev. 12:11, we overcome satan by the Blood of the Lamb and the word of our confession of who we are in Christ. (I Peter 5:8-9) There could be no redemption for mankind without first paying for man's sins and defeating satan. Satan's authority and lordship over the Christian has been legally broken by Jesus Christ. Jesus' victory over satan was threefold.
1. Jesus victory over satan in His earth walk.
Matthew 4:1-11 Matthew 4:23-24 Matthew 8:14-17
Matthew 8:23-27 Matthew 14:13-21 St. John 11:1-44
2. Jesus' victory over satan in His sacrifice on the cross.
Hebrews 2:14 Colossians 2:10-15 Revelation 12:11
3. Jesus' victory over satan in the new birth.
Ephesians 1:19-23 Philippians 2:5-11 Ephesians 6:10-16
Revelation 1:5-8, 17-18
The Christian, the New Creation in Jesus Christ has absolute authority over the enemy and when he tries to come against us he is dealing with a son or daughter of God, born of the Spirit of God and the Word of God. If we resist him with the Word of God like Jesus did he will flee from us just like he did Jesus our Lord. Jesus left us His guarantee in Luke 10:19, James 4:7 and I John 4:4. When you begin to take your place and assume your rights in Christ from the Word of God then God begins to respond to you and satan begins to flee from you. The Word is what enforces satan's defeat and gives you your inheritance. (Acts 20:32; Col. 1:12-14)
The Person Of The Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit plays a great part in our lives. He indwells us and we are called the Temple of the Holy Spirit (I Cor. 6:19). He protects God's interest in us. He is the One who guides, directs, convicts, and empowers us. The Holy Spirit has all the attributes of God because He is God. He is equal with the Father and the Son (Matt. 28:19, II Cor. 13:14).
RECEIVING THE HOLY SPIRIT
We receive the Holy Spirit when we are justified or born again. Once we have been forgiven, washed, redeemed, and have partaken of all that Christ has done through His death, burial, and resurrection, the Holy Spirit is free to indwell us. He is God dwelling within us! This is why we can experience freedom and joy after we have accepted Christ. The Peace of God comes on the inside of us by the working of the Holy Spirit. In John 20:22. Jesus breathed new life into the disciples; this was a new beginning. Just as life began with Adam and Eve, so new life began for man with the breath or Spirit of God. (Gen. 2:7), John 20:22).
PRAYER FOR THE BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT
Father, Jesus said in Luke 11:11-13, "If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your Heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?" I know that you have promised me the Holy Spirit so therefore, I am coming to you now and asking you to give me the second work of grace, the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. I now believe that I receive the Baptism with the evidence of speaking in other tongues. I am now a spirit-filled Christian and I praise You for it!
When we ask for the Baptism in the Holy Spirit, we must expect the Lord to give us a new language of praise as He did for the disciples in Acts 2:4. Just as they began to speak, so must we begin to speak. Then we can praise Him and thank Him for our new language.
The Father gives good gifts. We receive the good gift by faith just as we received salvation by faith. Do not doubt that God has given you what you asked for and continue to thank and praise God for the gift He has given you.
SOURCE OF SICKNESS & DISEASE
In Romans 5:12, we see that death entered the world by sin. Therefore, it is clear that sickness and disease which cause death also entered the world by sin. The remedy for sin is also the atoning Blood of Christ. His sacrificial death on the cross paid the death penalty for sin. According to Isa. 53:4-6 and Matt. 8:16-17, Christ not only bore our sins, but our sicknesses and diseases as well (Heb. 10:9, 10, 14).
BASIS FOR HEALING
The basis for healing is the same as for salvation - Jesus' stoning death brought both. It was through the fall of man that everything was lost, but Christ's atonement recovered it all for us. Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil, one of which is sickness and disease. Jesus came to redeem us from the curse, and part of that curse is sickness and disease. (I John 3:8; Gal. 3:13).
When we receive salvation, we receive much more than most of us realize. The word "Soteria" (Greek for "salvation") implies deliverance, preservation, healing, health, and soundness. The Greek word for "saved", "sozo", also means healed, made sound and made whole. In Acts 4:12, it is translated healed, referring to the healing of the man lame from birth. Both words for salvation and saved mean spiritual and physical salvation or physical and spiritual healing. Paul in Eph. 5:23 states Christ is the Savior of the body.
RECEIVING YOUR HEALING
We receive healing by faith in God's Word. We believe it and confess it (Heb. 11:1, Rom. 10:8-10, Matt. 9:29). God has already done everything necessary for our forgiveness of sin and for the healing of our body. He put both our sins and disease on Jesus (Isa. 53:4-6, I Peter 2:24). It is already done. The price for our healing is paid. Now we need to believe it and receive it. Healing belongs to us as a child of God - sickness does not! Satan has no right to put the same sickness on us which has already been laid on Jesus!
PRAYER FOR PHYSICAL HEALING
Father, You said in Your Holy Word that Jesus took my infirmities and bore my sicknesses (Matt. 8:17) so that I would not have to bear them myself. So by faith, I now receive my full healing, from the top of my head to the soles of my feet, I am now made every bit whole! I thank You Lord that this affliction shall not return a second time (Nahum 1:9) but as Christ has made me free from sickness and disease I shall stay free!
Now continue to praise and thank God for your full healing!